CSAE’s Awards and Recognition Program recognizes the best and brightest in association leadership, from outstanding teams to individual luminaries.
CSAE is excited to celebrate and recognize members and organizations who have demonstrated significant accomplishments, exemplary leadership and tireless commitment to Canada’s association community.
CSAE embraces equity, diversity and inclusion and is committed to proactively identifying and addressing any systemic barriers in our policies, practices, procedures, programs, and services so that we can provide a respectful, inclusive and safe work environment, represent the associations we serve and lead by example. We strongly encourage nominations from/for equity-deserving individuals.
Leadership (Deadline Extended to March 13)
- Association Excellence in Leadership Award recognizes a member who has volunteered for CSAE in a prolonged, effective, and significant manner. The recipient of this award is an accomplished leader who has demonstrated their commitment to the association sector and the CSAE community through the advancement of association excellence.
- Community Leader Award recognizes a member who has been an inspiring leader, influential mentor, and/or has advocated on behalf of the association sector. The recipient has been highly engaged through volunteer work and has significantly contributed to CSAE and the association sector to promote a collaborative and engaged community. Examples of community involvement could include acting as a one-on-one mentor, outside of normal job responsibilities (cannot include direct reports), serving on a Board/committee /task force with a not-for-profit, professional/trade association or charity, etc.
- Empowering Leader Award recognizes a member who is focused on advancing association excellence through knowledge sharing in the membership community. The recipient is highly engaged in the community and brings an enthusiastic and creative energy to empower coworkers and association members through knowledge sharing. Examples of knowledge sharing could include teaching/facilitating a course, workshop, webinar, symposium or seminar, developing a new course, workshop, webinar, symposium or seminar, keynote speaker/guest speaker at a professional learning event, authoring a formal professional blog, published article or book, etc.
- Social Innovation Leader Award recognizes a member who is focused on developing innovative and creative strategies and initiatives to leverage CSAE’s community and the association sector. The recipient is a thought-leader dedicated to exploring new ideas and promoting sustainable, inclusive, and collaborative practices.
- Young Leader Award recognizes a member who is 35 years of age or under has demonstrated remarkable promise as a rising leader in the association sector.
Association Centre of Excellence (Applications Open Summer 2023)
- Association Centre of Excellence Awards recognize outstanding team achievements and organizations’ initiatives to advance association excellence in alignment with the five competencies of the Certified Association Executive (CAE ®) program.
- Association Champions is peer-to-peer recognition that acknowledges volunteers who have been CSAE champions and association ambassadors in the community. Association Champions are highly engaged in their network (locally or virtually) and have dedicated their time to contribute and support CSAE’s community and association sector.
- Membership Milestones recognize individuals who have continuously maintained their membership for 15, 20, and 25 years.
Aspiring Leader (Applications Open April 3)
- Aspiring Leader Bursary assists emerging professionals wishing to pursue careers in the association sector. The Aspiring Leader Bursary is presented in honour of Donna Mary Shaw.
For awards, recognition and bursary inquiries, connect with Casey Pope, CAE, volunteer relations specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.