Join the growing community of high-performing CAEs from across the country and around the world. You’ll learn, expand your professional network, and implement new strategies to your work through the CAE Program.
The Certified Association Executive (CAE®) is the only fully online program, in Canada, that leads to a professional designation in not-for-profit leadership. Designed to meet the needs of leaders in a rapidly changing and increasingly competitive market, CAE courses provide critical transferable skills overlaid with sector specific knowledge.
CAE Students are:
- Not-for-profit professionals who are currently employed or hold volunteer positions
- Executives, senior managers, and staff who have assumed increasing responsibilities
- Employees who are interested in growing their confidence, career and network
CAE Program Description
Based on core Not-for-Profit Management Competencies the CAE® Program is a suite of five fully online, 12 week courses and a certifying exam. The full program can be completed in as little as 20 months.
- CAE 100 – Association Leadership, Change, Strategy & Structure
- CAE 200 – Association Membership Services
- CAE 300 – Association Operations I Operations Support
- CAE 400 – Association Operations II Products & Services
- CAE 500 – Developments in Association Management
CAE Program Delivery
All courses and the exam for the CAE Program are offered in a flexible online format with no required travel. Course participants have the opportunity to collaborate with peers and instructors through online discussion forums. Students need a computer with a reliable internet connection to participate.