Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) provides industry professionals the opportunity to apply experiential and academic experience towards completing Certified Association Executive (CAE) courses. PLA recognition allows you to save time and money on your path towards CAE certification. Assembling your portfolio for consideration should take roughly 10-12 hours per course.
- CAE 100 – Association Leadership, Change, Strategy & Structure
- Complete the CAE 100 Supporting Evidence Log
- CAE 200 – Association Membership Services
- Complete the CAE 200 Supporting Evidence Log
- CAE 300 – Association Operations I – Operations Support
- Complete the CAE 300 Supporting Evidence Log
- CAE 400 – Association Operations II – Products & Services
- Complete the CAE 400 Supporting Evidence Log
Note: The supporting evidence log allows you to provide background on your personal acquisition of the competencies related to each course. After registration, you’ll receive a log in and password that will allow you to upload your log along with any supporting documents to our Learning Management System for review by our assessors.
Five years of senior management experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Be an active CSAE member
- A current resume which clearly demonstrates five years of senior management experience
- Two professional references
- A current job description
- Supporting evidence which demonstrates mastery of the course competencies
- Apply here
Portfolios are accepted and assessed on a rolling basis. Results are available within 2-4 weeks of submission. Applicants are urged to apply early.
In order to achieve the CAE designation, all candidates must successfully complete CAE 500 – Developments in Association Management, and the CAE Exam and retain an active membership.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for a consultation prior to starting your PLAR application. We’ll be happy to pre-qualify you to ensure you are a good candidate for this option and to provide feedback on completing the necessary documentation. We can be reached at:
416.363.3555 x 242
1.800.461.3608 x 242