A celebration of emerging talent and leadership in the association sector.
CSAE’s Young Leader Award recognizes a member who is 35 years of age or under has demonstrated remarkable promise as a rising leader in the association sector.
- All members who are 35 years of age or under in good standing are eligible for this award.
- The nominator must be a member.
- Nominations for current members of CSAE’s Board of Directors.
- Nominations for current members of CSAE’s Awards and Recognition committee.
- Nominations from current members of CSAE’s Awards and Recognition committee.
Each application is reviewed by two to four volunteers in accordance with the judging guidelines. Volunteers review each application independently and then meet as a team to review, discuss and come to an agreement on the final recipient. All applications will be reviewed based on a set of established criteria using this evaluation rubric.
- Leadership: The nominee has demonstrated qualities that hold remarkable promise as a future leader in the association sector.
- Creativity and Innovation: The nominee has demonstrated some creativity and innovation through their work in the association sector or volunteer work with CSAE.
- Collaboration: The nominee has demonstrated their focus on promoting collaboration in the association community.
- Performance: The nominee consistently exceeds all selection criteria.
Celebration and Entitlements
The leadership awards are celebrated virtually during National Volunteer Week in April.
One nominee may receive this award in any given year.
Young Leader Award recipients will receive:
- An electronic certificate.
- A personalized image that can be shared on social media.
- A digital badge.
- Recognition across communications and within CSAE’s community.
CAE® Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Credit is granted to the nominator for a complete award’s application. Leadership Awards, based on 0.5 hour per complete award nomination (maximum 2 hours per two-year reporting period).
Become a Judge
The leadership awards and recognition committee is a working group focused on the development and advancement of CSAE’s leadership awards, bursaries, and recognition initiatives.
This volunteer opportunity is available to CSAE members. Applications open during the fall with annual appointment. Click here to learn more about the volunteer community and opportunities to get involved.
2023 – Sarah McCabe, CAE
For awards inquiries, connect with Casey Pope, CAE, volunteer relations specialist at email@example.com.