An Update from Tracy Folkes Hanson, President & CEO
The COVID-19 outbreak abroad and here in Canada has been increasingly challenging to navigate. The information highway has been on overload. Over the weekend, further measures were implemented to protect our individual and collective health. Updates are available from the Public Health Agency of Canada.
CSAE has been monitoring the situation closely and taking action to safeguard the well-being of our team and members. As of today, CSAE’s King Street, Toronto, office will be closed to visitors and the team will be working remotely. This capability to support our members virtually has been in place since the summer of 2018 and allows CSAE to be nimble in seamlessly providing services and supports. We will reassess this position on a weekly basis and keep you informed.
Here are some updates on CSAE initiatives:
- CSAE’s cancellation policy has been temporarily amended to provide flexibility for in-person events due to COVID-19. CSAE will not charge a cancellation fee if you decide to not attend an in-person event based on concerns around your health or travel.
- The Governance Forum, scheduled for April 2nd in Ottawa will be hosted virtually. You will still receive the same in-depth workshop, delivered by Dr. David Weiss, and will have an opportunity to work with your board. The program, normally delivered in one full-day session, will be divided into three interactive webinars throughout April. More details will follow.
- In an effort to support you in your planning to manage through the current crisis and beyond, a Business Continuity webinar will be held on Thursday, March 26 to explore practical ways you can protect yourself, your team and your organization. The expert panel, moderated by Meredith Low, includes Christine Neilsen, Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science, Jordan Rodney from Rodney Employment Law and Chen Sasson from MaxPeople, along with Dominic Chorafakis, P.Eng, CISSP, an expert in cyber security.
- Trillium Network: The in-person event, Association Efficiencies Using Virtual Strategies, scheduled for April 1st, will be moved to a virtual platform or postponed. Stay tuned for an update in the near future.
- Ottawa-Gatineau Network: The in-person event, Building Your Association’s Brand, scheduled for April 3rd, will be moved to a virtual platform or postponed. Stay tuned for an update in the near future.
- The CSAE board meeting scheduled for mid-April will be held virtually.
- CSAE Annual Conference – November 4-6, Halifax: Early bird registration is now available and calls for proposals are open. No changes are planned at this time. The flexible cancellation policy is in place in recognition of the current situation regarding COVID-19.
- All other scheduled CSAE events online or in-person remain scheduled as planned. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will notify you of alternative arrangements if necessary.
- CSAE continues to advocate with the federal government and others regarding support for the association sector. The original letter, followed by a template you can use for your own advocacy efforts, can be found here.
Thank you for your continued support as we work together through this rapidly changing situation.