The Griner Award recipient can be an individual or an organization whose contributions reflect the enhancement of association management and/or CSAE’s profile and organizational effectiveness.
This award is named in honour of the late John Griner, CAE.
- Individual nominee:
- Has been a CSAE member for at least five years
- Has contributed as a volunteer for CSAE at the local and/or national levels
- Organizational nominee:
- Has maintained a CSAE membership for one or more employees for at least five years
- Has contributed the application of innovative solutions to support association management, participation within CSAE events, and support of the association industry
- Has contributed to the association sector beyond the expectations of daily business
- Self-nominations are permitted
- Nominee information
- Nominee’s Record of Achievements
- Current CV (for individual nominee) or detailed outline of the organization (for organizational nominee)
- Three letters of Support/Testimonials – one of which must be from a current CSAE member (this includes the nominator’s letter)
- Narrative (250-500 words) explaining why the nominee is deserving of this Award
All documents must be submitted through the online application process. The online submission can be edited until the submission deadline. Please submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 – Randall Craig, 108 ideaspace
2014 – Hester Whatman
2012 – Robert Thompson, MediaEdge Publishing Inc.
2011 – Norman Jessop, Centre des congrès de Québec
2010 – Huw Williams, Impact Public Affairs
2009 – Theresa Beenken, National Speakers Bureau
2006 – William Pashby, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
2004 – Pierre Normandin, Gatineau Outaouais Tourism Hotels
2001 – Andrew Stamper, Conventional Solutions
2000 – Ralph Strachan, Stronco Group of Companies
1999 – Yvan Jérome, caé
1998 – Sal Farrauto, HECFI
1997 – Jacques Drury, Canadian Airline International
1996 – John Meissner, Canadian Pacific Hotels
1995 – ITT Sheraton Canada
1994 – Delta Hotels & Resorts
1993 – Maurice Bleau, ITT Sheraton Canada
1992 – Martin J. Copeland, Audio Archives International, Inc.
1991 – Reginald Watts, Stratquest Group Ltd.
1990 – Réjean (Ray) Proulx, Air Canada & April Taylor, Taylor & Associates
1989 – W.F. Morneau, W.F. Morneau & Associates
1988 – Westin Hotels & Resorts
1986 – Hilton International