The Griner Award recipient can be an individual or an organization whose contributions reflect the enhancement of association management and/or CSAE’s profile and organizational effectiveness.
This award is named in honour of the late John Griner, CAE.
- Individual nominee:
- Has been a CSAE member for at least five years
- Has contributed as a volunteer for CSAE at the local and/or national levels
- Organizational nominee:
- Has maintained a CSAE membership for one or more employees for at least five years
- Has contributed the application of innovative solutions to support association management, participation within CSAE events, and support of the association industry
- Has contributed to the association sector beyond the expectations of daily business
- Self-nominations are ineligible
- Current Awards and Recognition Committee members are ineligible
- Nominee information
- Nominee’s Record of Achievements
- Current CV / Link to LinkedIn Profile (for individual nominee) or detailed outline of the organization (for organizational nominee)
- Two letters of Support/Testimonials (letters must not be from the nominator)
- Narrative (250-500 words) explaining why the nominee is deserving of this Award
CAE® Continuous Professional Development (CPD): Credit is granted to the nominator for a complete award’s application. Individual Awards (i.e., Leadership, Ottawa-Gatineau, and Trillium)
Based on 0.5 hour per complete award nomination (maximum 2 hours per two-year reporting period).
2022 – Thomas Kriens, Kriens-LaRose LLP Chartered Accountants
2021 – Marion Tripp, The Talent Company
2018 – Randall Craig, 108 ideaspace
2014 – Hester Whatman
2012 – Robert Thompson, MediaEdge Publishing Inc.
2011 – Norman Jessop, Centre des congrès de Québec
2010 – Huw Williams, Impact Public Affairs
2009 – Theresa Beenken, National Speakers Bureau
2006 – William Pashby, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
2005 – Susan Saganski, Delta Hotels
2004 – Pierre Normandin, Gatineau Outaouais Tourism Hotels
2001 – Andrew Stamper, Conventional Solutions
2000 – Ralph Strachan, Stronco Group of Companies
1999 – Yvan Jérome, caé
1998 – Sal Farrauto, HECFI
1997 – Jacques Drury, Canadian Airline International
1996 – John Meissner, Canadian Pacific Hotels
1995 – ITT Sheraton Canada
1994 – Delta Hotels & Resorts
1993 – Maurice Bleau, ITT Sheraton Canada
1992 – Martin J. Copeland, Audio Archives International, Inc.
1991 – Reginald Watts, Stratquest Group Ltd.
1990 – Réjean (Ray) Proulx, Air Canada & April Taylor, Taylor & Associates
1989 – W.F. Morneau, W.F. Morneau & Associates
1988 – Westin Hotels & Resorts
1986 – Hilton International