The Ottawa-Gatineau Emerging Talent Award recognizes a member, who, within the first five years of the members’ careers in the association sector or within the first five years of CSAE membership, has demonstrated remarkable promise as future leaders in the association sector.
All Executive and Business Members, in good standing, holding CSAE membership at the time of the nomination are eligible for this award. Current members of Ottawa-Gatineau Council are not eligible for nomination. Current Awards and Recognition Committee members are not eligible for nomination. Self-nominations are ineligible.
The following criteria are considered in determining a recipient:
- Leadership: The individual has demonstrated qualities that hold remarkable promise as future leaders in Ottawa-Gatineau or the association sector.
- Creativity: The individual has shown some creativity through their work in the association sector or volunteer work with Ottawa-Gatineau.
- Outstanding Talent: The individual has been able to demonstrate outstanding talent in their first five years in the sector, or in the first five years of CSAE membership.
- Nominee information
- Examples of the nominee’s involvement with Ottawa-Gatineau
- Description of why the nominee is deserving of the emerging talent award
CAE® Continuous Professional Development (CPD): Credit is granted to the nominator for a complete award’s application. Individual Awards (i.e., Leadership, Ottawa-Gatineau, and Trillium)
Based on 0.5 hour per complete award nomination (maximum 2 hours per two-year reporting period).
2021 – Barry Rooke, CAE